The petition is up: http://www.vsunited.tk/
Some of the comments are quite interesting.
For e.g.
"i dun wan co-ed... i like boys, only boys... give apc the boot" presumably by a gay.
The other comments.. some may be antagonistic, some reeking of chauvinism. But at the end of the day, its all about preserving the school spirit, preserving a 129 year old (and counting) tradition, and preserving some of the boys' best and most memorable years.
If you understand what school tradition and school culture means, and how much more important it is than plain academic grades, please support the petition too.
It is not about discriminating girls. It is about preserving a tradition, culture and a school spirit.
--------------------------------
Regarding wondering.. I do sometimes wonder. But I cannot imagine what I'd have become if I went ahead with other choices. So, I never regret my choices. Even when I make mistakes, I regard them as an opportunity to learn from them, and perhaps next time I'll benefit from the lesson in an issue more important.
At the end of the day, it all boils down to this verse for me.
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
- WilbuR
Crapbox!
Thursday, August 18, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment